Saxon Math 8/7 is the culmination of Saxon Math Homeschool for Middle Grades, reviewing arithmetic calculation, measurements, basic geometry, and other foundational concepts and skills. At the same time, Math 8/7 includes extensive pre-algebra exercises, preparing the student for upper-level mathematics. You can see a full description of each component below.
Saxon Homeschool Kit Contents
- 3rd edition
- 12 Investigations and an Illustrated Glossary
- 120 lessons that includes warm up activities, a summary of the teaching of the new concept, practice of new and previous material
- Two-color format
- 931 pages
Tests and Worksheets Book
- Testing schedule and 23 cumulative tests
- Worksheets for one student for one year, including Facts Practice Tests and Activity Sheets for lessons
- Various Recording Forms for tracking student progress on assignments and tests
- Full step-by-step solutions to all Lesson and Investigation problems
- Full step-by-step solutions to the 23 cumulative Tests
- Answers to Supplemental Practice Problems and Facts Practice problems
Additional Materials: Fact Cards
- Flash cards for middle grade students needing additional practice in arithmetic
- Includes addition, subtraction, multiplication to the 9s, and division of two digits by one digit
Recommended Resource: DIVE Video Lectures
Purchase separately -This product is not included in the Saxon Homeschool Kit.
Saxon + DIVE = Success
Expert Video Instruction from a Biblical Perspective
- Increase understanding
- Build long-term retention
- Step-by-step instruction for every lesson
- Quickly re-learn missed concepts
- Q&A Email Support with Dr. Shormann
- Taught by David Shormann, PhD
Learn more about DIVE for Saxon Math 8/7 here
Vendors Other Products
The Best Homeschool Math Curriculum
Posted by JR East on 21st Sep 2020
Working with Shormann has been a fantastic experience. Not only is the material fantastic (Both Saxon and Shormann), but the customer service is responsive and super helpful. Our 10 year old is in Saxon 8/7... our 16 year old is now studying Pre-Calculus and they are comprehending math at a level that they never had prior to engaging in Dive.
We have now put 3 of our girls through Dive's respective math courses and I can say that I'd recommend them to anyone/everyone who is considering math studies for their children.
Prepared my 13 year old for College Algebra
Posted by Tina Caton on 11th Apr 2020
This course is very thorough and has well prepared my 13 year old for the College Algebra CLEP. The streaming version is even easier to use. Dr. Shormann is such a gifted teacher. His methods have given all of my children confidence and made math and science enjoyable (and for me, too not having to teach and grade everything.). This helped us move into the high school years with confidence. Thank you!